I worked for a company for more than 2 years but due to some dispute with the director of the company i left the organisation by resigning. I asked them to relive me without serving notice period which he accepted and relieved me and also cleared my FnF settlement but did not provided me experience certificate. I asked the director several times for several months for the same but he kept postponing it, as i got a new job i submitted all correct documents but included a fake experience certificate of that company with actual details.
But during background verification by third party the new company found out that it was fake as they checked previous employer and now they have recalled offer. There is no HR Department or grievance cell in that previous company and director of the company only provides relieving letter.
Please let me know will that background verification report can be changed or it will affect my future job prospects also.

From India, Bengaluru
Generally background companies have data of concerned persons in companies and they mostly send verification mails to that person only. They create this database through the various background check they do on a daily basis.
In my last company I have received emails from multiple agencies to confirm the credentials of ex-employees. Earlier they used to call the front desk to ask for the HR. After a point most of the companies knew I was the SPOC for employee verification.
Thus data is maintained by companies.
So firstly I would suggest you refrain from submitting any fake certificates.
Your old company is now aware that you have forged a letter which the company may inform any future employer. You may lose out really good opportunities due to this. Getting the letter from your previous employer would be difficult now. You left as you had a dispute with the Director and now by the forgery you have given him a reason to deny you the letter.
As you stated that that your Director accepted your resignation and released you without notice period. Do you have any written correspondence of the same?
For any future employment you can submit the correspondence of the above and also of the emails you wrote to your director asking for the experience letter. This will show your future employer that you are following up with your old company but they are not responding.Also keep the documentation of your F&F statement.
Do not bad mouth the Director under any circumstances . You can tell that you do not have any HR Dept and hence the procedures are not well defined.
Irrespective of this in an Employee Verification apart from general employee details (designation , tenure , salary details, reporting manager etc) . Details of behaviour , integrity , performance are also asked. In most cases the HR does not write negative comments if there were no issues with the employee. However if there were any ethics or integrity issues with the employee then the HR informs the verification agency.

From India, Mumbai

Thank you shweta for reply, i have the resignation and acceptance mail and FnF copy.
If i sort out things with my previous employer by apologising for my misconduct and if they get agreed to providing me relieving letter, can i submit this new experience letter to third party for re verification so that my new job prospects are not affected. Is it possible the third party verifier will reinitiate verification process.

From India, Bengaluru
You can try but the chances are not bright that the new company would reinstate the offer, as the question of ethics comes into play.
However you may try sort the issue with your Director so that you have the letter for any future employments.

From India, Mumbai
Ya Actually we don't advise such quieries but on humanitarian grounds ...
Sir you have done silly thing submitting forgery service certificate for new Employment.
This attracted legally offence under cheating section s of IPC.
So never do such things again .one more thing Never be foolish submitting apologize letters. Accepting your rough talk with your previous Boss.You told something there was a quarrel happened
That's All. Leave the matter . Don't Beg.why now you are in defence stage as you preffered forgery documents.
So go as fresher. After recruitment the new employer will appreciate your knowledge and give matching position
Unless you may be prosecuted if you still chat with your old company for service certificate .this is advised to avoid further legal battels you are inviting yourself may be innocence or ignorance..
Let come to solution
First apply future companies undoubtedly as a fresher .this is only option remain choice to you now to remain in safe

From India, Nellore
There is no such rule under Labour Acts to compulsory issue of service certificate to resigned or removed their companies. so it is only a custom followed by all companies all these days
.There is no legal bindover.

From India, Nellore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server