I worked for the start up company for 4 months and quit this February.
TDS was never deducted from salary and I paid tax seperately.
They didn't give me my FnF and told that I owe company some money(based in forged documents) which is already being disputed at labour commissioner.
Now when I asked for my form 16, I was told since there is dispute in my FnF, they cant provide form 16 and the same will be provided once the dispute is resolved.
Is it legal to withhold salary because of dispute with fnf?

From India, Chennai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™