The NISM Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination is the NISM Series VA of NISM Certifications. The exam was launched on June 01, 2010 and is one of the oldest NISM Certifications. After launch of NISM Mutual Fund Exam, AMFI Certification, which was earlier conducted by NSE, does not exist anymore. AMFI Exam is now called as NISM Mutual Fund Exam and is now conducted by NISM. It is an entry level exam for professionals working in the area of mutual fund distribution. The exam covers topics such as types of mutual funds, regulations, code of conduct for distributors, financial planning, etc. The exam is a mandated one under SEBI (CAPSM) Regulations, 2007. Our team has drafted a few FAQs about the examinations for the benefit of exam takers. Who should take the NISM Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination?
As per the regulation, all persons involved in selling and distribution of mutual funds including the following are required to take the NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Exam:
- Individual Mutual Fund Distributors
- Employees of organizations engaged in sales and distribution of Mutual Funds
- Employees of Asset Management Companies specially persons engaged in sales and distribution of Mutual Funds
The certification aims to enhance the quality of sales, distribution and related support services in the mutual fund industry. What topics are covered under the NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination?
The NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination covers the following topics:
- Basics of mutual funds, their role and structure, different kinds of mutual fund schemes and their features
- How mutual funds are distributed in the market-place, how schemes are to be evaluated, and how suitable products and services can be recommended to investors and prospective investors in the market.
- Legalities, accounting, valuation and taxation aspects underlying mutual funds and their distribution.
- Financial planning as an approach to investing in mutual funds, as an aid for mutual fund distributors to develop long term relationships with their clients. Where can I obtain the NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors study material? Soft copy of the NISM Mutual Fund Distributors Study Material can be downloaded free of cost from our website. If you wish to purchase a physical copy of NISM Mutual Fund Distributors Book, you can purchase it online and the book will be delivered to your address. The books are also available at major bookstores across India. Where can I find NISM Mock Test for NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors Exam? Free NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors Mock Test for NISM Series Series VA : Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Exam is available at our website. The mock test consists of 30 sample questions and can be accessed by logging into our website. Premium NISM Mock Test for NISM Mutual Fund Distributors Exam consisting of 6 premium quality mock tests with 600 questions is also available at Rs. 399/- only. Each NISM mock test has a validity of 45 days and can be attempted 3 times during the subscription period. All candidates seeking AMFI Mock Test should now refer to the NISM Mutual Fund Distributors Mock Test. How can I register and enroll for the NISM Mutual Fund Distributors Exam?
Registration and Enrollment for all NISM Certification Examinations can be done online through NISM Certification Portal. For Registration to the NISM Certification portal, you should have your Permanent Account Number (PAN), Scanned Copy of your PAN Card, Soft Copy of your photograph, a valid email address and your basic details such as your Name, Date of Birth, Educational Details, Employment Details, etc. After successful submission of the online NISM Registration form, you will receive a NISM Registration Number and an activation link on your email. You will need to click on the activation link to activate your NISM Account. After activation, you will be able to login.
After login using your email and password, you need to goto "Enrolment" -> "Enroll for Examination" link and following the following steps:
Step 1: Selection of Examination: Here you need to select the NISM Series VA : Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination.
Step 2: Check Seat Availability: Select the Exam City, Test Centre of your choice and the Date Range during which you wish to take the exam.
Step 3: Select a Time Slot: You will shown the availability of Test Slots for the exam. Select one and click "Enroll for the Examination".
Step 4: Make Payment: Please accept the terms and conditions and proceed for online payment using credit card, debit card or internet banking.
After successful payment, your Admit Card will be generated. You should carry this admit card and an original identity card to the examination centre, 30 minutes before the actual exam time. Acceptable identity cards are PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card only. What is the assessment structure for NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination?
EXAM DURATION : 120 MINUTES
NO. OF QUESTIONS : 100
MAXIMUM MARKS : 100
PASS MARKS : 50
NEGATIVE MARKS : 0% FOR EACH WRONG ANSWER
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY : 3 YEARS FROM DATE OF EXAM
EXAM FEES : Rs. 1500/-
From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.