procedure to claim edli scheme which is being given to the wife instead of nominated parents - CiteHR
Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager
Labour Consultant

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
we the parents of the only son who was the sole breadwinner of the family now deceased,the company is giving the entire amount of EDLI to wife when acutally we are the nominees of the same because she is claiming it.can we know if we can claim a part of it and how much percentage we can claim.
old parents.

please note that EDLI is not paid by the Company but by EPFO.Though you are nominated, subsequent to marriage, Wife is entitled for all the benefits paid by EPFO
Respected Old Parents,

You had mentioned in the Post that you had only son who was the sole breadwinner of the family. If that is true and you were fully dependent on him, you can make an appeal to the PF Authority thru the employer of your son and if they don't agree approach directly to the PF Office (Meet PRO or The Asst. PF Comm. of his group) with your son's PF A/c. details. Inform them that you were fully dependent on your deceased son and also nominee to PF.

Although his wife claims as a legal heir for insurance money, You may state in your application that your daughter in law may get remarry after getting the insurance claim. If your DIL is a working woman, you may state that she has source of income.Your case may be considered on humanitarian ground for some percentage by the PF dept.

You may quote the following for Deposit Linked Insurance Benefit.

Who can claim the benefit in EDLI or Employee Deposit Linked Insurance?

This insurance exactly works like term insurance. Hence, after employee death, his nominee can claim the amount and below are a few points to consider.

A nominee can claim the amount.

In case there is no nomination, then the legal heir can claim the amount.

If the nominee or legal heir is minor, then a guardian of minor nominee can claim the amount.

Best of Luck,


This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™