Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
It appears that your leave policy needs to be revised. What is this provision of filling the leave application letter before the end of each month is not understood.
In almost all the companies, employees fill the leave application, get it approved by the appropriate approving authority and submit it to the HR department. In emergent situation, if the employee proceeds on leave without following this procedure, he or his manager is expected to inform HR about his absence. Later on resuming duties, employee is expected to submit the leave application for regularisation purposes. This procedure has to be following even though employee proceeds on Leave Without Pay (LWP), as this is also a type of leave.
Therefore, if the above procedure is not followed then you may revise the policy and circulate it to all employees. For the strict implementation of the policy, obviously you need support from the HOD/Managers. For further queries, feel free to contact me.
8th July 2017 From India, Bangalore
I definitely agree with Dinesh.
1. First thing, inform your superior about the issue. Make an analysis report of how many employees are not following the policy and mentioning the reasons.
2. Secondly, see your existing leave policy. Is it practical or does it need revision.
3. Third, if it does not need revision and according to your analysis you can recommend to your superior to have a close meeting with all department heads about the policy and showing the analysis you made. Distribute copies of that leave policy to heads with their signature in meeting minutes that they understood the policy and shall inform/discuss to their subordinates about it with the possibility of misconduct under the company code of conducts or if you follow government labor law.
4. If existing policy needs to revise then your HR superior should lead it and follow again #3 with the revised policy.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
10th July 2017 From Bangladesh, Dhaka
With greytHR https://www.greythr.com/in/features/...ment-software/ leave module you should be able to manage leaves hassle-free. It tracks employee leave records and automatically sends reminders via an email or an SMS. Leave balance is automatically tracked and salary deducted.
Few features of greytHR:
- Eliminates the tedious leave administration, and employee follow ups, saving time and transaction costs. - Automatic updates of leave balances. - Leaves can be calculated automatically with the help of this software, eliminating errors.
The Employee Self Service also makes it easier to apply for leave, grant approvals, cancellations, etc. to employees and managers. It also comes with a dedicated mobile app for anytime use.
12th September 2017 From India, Bengaluru