On reading your post, one can infer that even basics of personnel management are not in place. HR management practices are far cry. Therefore, you may discuss your issues with your top management. Explain to him the importance of discipline in the company. We need to create rules and enforce these strictly. In fact, if you have worked as HR Manager in factory then you are expected to know the answers the questions that you have asked.
You need to be given one more feedback on the quality of your writing also. You need improve in your grammar. Grammatical mistakes kill the spirit of the message. Hope you work on this feedback. It is in your interest.
From India, Bangalore
Change Management is very crucial and it will definitely develop resistance. That resistance may cause attrition and affect productivity. You should be able anticipate it and create plan to face the resistance. As per your message, I can understand that this has been followed by your employees for long time.
1. Observe the causes. Try to get the history of action plans taken and their results in this regards.
2. Speak to Middle Managers and record their complaints.
3. Speak to Top Managers and get their opinions.
4. Develop a possible action plan and create a procedure.
5. Speak to your Top Management and get their approval.
6. Make sure that all Managers and Top Management is backing your action.
7. Implement it and confidently face the resistance (please don't back off by pointing out or blame Managers and Top Management for actions - if they come to know, they won't back your future action plans).
PS: Try to implement the changes one by one. If you don't find any reciprocity support from other department managers and heads, it is better to postpone the action plan for the right time. Don't try to act smart or heroism without backing support, which may back fire you.
From India, Chennai