The misconduct that you have mentioned is of far serious nature. Therefore, immediately put employee under suspension pending enquiry. Second important thing is to order domestic enquiry. On completion of the enquiry, if the accused is ready to refund the misappropriated money, well and good otherwise you will have terminate him and lodge police complaint.
Make sure that domestic enquiry is conducted expeditiously and proceedings take place continuously without unnecessary breaks. There should not be any unwanted delay. In the meanwhile, issue order to security officer to conduct verification of his home address. There should not be mismatch in the address mentioned in his documents and actual place of living. You should have his Aadhar card number and other necessary details. For further queries, feel free to contact me.
From India, Bangalore
1. Issue a Charge-sheet / Explanation Letter first which should contain the alleged acts of Misconduct as reported or are found to have been committed:
2. Then referring the Charge -Sheet or Letter of Explanation issued and received/acknowledged by him/her, issue a Letter of Suspension pending Inquiry mentioning that s/he would be paid Subsistence Allowance pending Completion of Inquiry and advise him/her to surrender Company's/Organization's Properties such as Permit to Enter Workplace, Tools Laptop and Documents / Records intact and instruct Security to Stop Entry to Workplace;
3. Appoint Inquiry Officer or Inquiry Committee under intimation to him/her;
4. Nominate Management/Employer's Representative to present Management's Case and supporting evidence/documents etc before the Inquiry Proceedings;
5. Inquiry to be held in accordance with Principles of Natural Justice as well as the Procedures laid down by the Judiciary for such Internal Inquiries;
6. On receipt of the Inquiry Report, the Punishing Authority to decide on the Quantum of proportionate Punishment after applying his / her mind.
Team Kritarth is ready and willing to provide any assistance if required
From India, Delhi
From India, Chennai
From India, Chennai