Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Team, This question is regarding my spouse job. She was attached to a ICSE affiliated private school in West Bengal since 24th March 2010 and Resigned on 6th May 2017. Her job was under both PF and Gratuity. Now when she is sending Gratuity claim letter everytime the school authority refusing the letter(sent by Reg post refused). In this case how we can go legally or is there any provision to complain online to WB labour commission ? Kindly suggest us how we will go for this.

Write letter to the Controlling Authority under gratuity act. The address will be the same as one having jurisdiction in your wife’s office area.
From India, Mumbai
1. In your case you will have to file a complaint with The Gratuity Authority under Payment of Gratuity Act. Mostly labour commissioner of the State is the authority or any person nominated in his behalf is Gratuity authority under the Act.
2. Mention complete facts in the complaint including the fact mentioned above and also if you visited mention the interactions with school authority also correctly. Request them to help you get the grauity.
3. If the authority has any specific format for such matters, use that.
4. For online complaint/grievance please check the website of the state labour ministry/department.

From India, Thane
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™