HAMMURABI & SOLOMON – FKCCI Cooperation Memorandum Gives Push To Make Businesses Globally Competitive
In its 100th year of service to the entrepreneurs and businesses of Karnataka, FKCCI signed up with Hammurabi & Solomon to work together towards enabling members of FKCCI to harness their business potential and achieve high degree of global competitiveness by meeting their legal, regulatory & compliances challenges through this Cooperation.
The erstwhile Mysore Chamber of Commerce, the precursor of the Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry, was established on May 8, 1916, in Bangalore. Sir M. Visvesvaraya, who conceived it in 1915, called it a means to broaden the outlook of the merchants in areas that will be affecting them and also the economy of the state.
Hammurabi & Solomon, a top of the line and globally recognised name is known to provide Quality, Professional, Result Oriented Legal and Business Solutions.
H&S, being a full service Firm, would cooperate and offer its services to the members of FKCCI in the following areas:
I. Legal & Regulatory: A wide range of advisory, support and handholding on a multitude of laws in the legal and regulatory space across various business sectors. The is could include commercial & transactional support, litigation support, cross-border transaction and advisory support etc. A copy of the firm profile of H&S is enclosed herewith immediately after the signed page.
II. Legal Compliance: M/s.Hammurabi& Solomon Sand Legal Compliance Services Private Limited (“HSSL”) would provide the complete Legal Compliance Support for every sector including content/list of applicable compliances, additional assistance in formulating and implementing compliance tools, sector specific compliance training sessions etc. A copy of the profile of HSSL is enclosed herewith.
A multitude of legal, regulatory and legal compliance related challenges faced by entrepreneurs include :
• introductionof legal, regulatory and legal compliance issues;
• challenges in being on the right side of laws and regulations and keeping pace with timelines of compliance;
• policy predictability in the existing & emerging legal & regulatory environment in each sector;
• revisit intellectual property protection, including copyright, patents, trademarks and domain names and toascertain the important international protection regimes for intellectual property and IPR ownership models;
• handholding in the new insolvency and bankruptcy regime under Insolvency & bankruptcy Code, 2016;
• follow the trend for environmental regulations and NGT that will affect business entrepreneurship;
• Legal & regulatory issues for competitive globally oriented entrepreneurs?
• Understanding and making the best of “Ease of doing business” jurisdictions globally;
• Legal strategies to do business in jurisdictions with transitory governments or inconsistent policies;
• Legal and regulatory framework to protect new products, services and innovations;
• Best suited legal structures for entrepreneurial venturesi.eWhich legal form is best for start-ups? Why not start out as a sole proprietor ? What are the advantages of a partnership? What is the difference between a proprietary and a corporation? Tax advantages? What other advantages and disadvantages exist?.
We thank Dr. Gubbi, Counselor & Advocate and Head of Legal Wing of Federation for conceiving the idea of providing these services to members of the Federation and becoming instrumental in bringing FKCCI and H & S together to make this cooperation memorandum a success.
Confirming the development, Dr. Manoj Kumar, Founder, Hammurabi & Solomon commented that "this initiative is a step towards addressing pain-points of entrepreneurs in Karnataka in legal, regulatory & legal compliance management with the emerging regulatory framework across various sectors. Our deep understanding of our client's challenges in this space will enable us to bridge the gaps and make our entrepreneurs globally competitive and unlock the business potential of the members of FKCCI”.
Shri.M.C.Dinesh, President of FKCCI said “The Cooperation Memorandum with Hammurabi & Solomon will bring the experience & expertise of Hammurabi & Solomon to the doorstep of the entrepreneurs and members of FKCCI and I call upon members to come forward with their pain-points in the legal, regulatory and legal compliance space and benefit from this initiative.
From India, Bangalore
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.