Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager
Hr Consultant
Managing Partner Srikrishna Engineers

Dear Members and Senior members of this forum, Good day to all.

i have established a partner ship company " SriKrishna Engineers" at Udupi in Karnataka. our core job is to download from mail server or from the server of the US based company through net a section of the ship's monthly maintenance logs submitted for technical review to our principal in USA. we then make a technical report and post it back in the folder into the server or send vide a mail to the appropriate ship for necessary technical action. we have 14 employees on this task and i over see and do the same task answer various technical queires related to this subject through e-mails. we also have one dedicated service engineer ( out of the 14) who shall go on board for a service consulation as directed by the USA company when the vessel is in Indian coast/ harbours. our work area is office and in the system and all tasks are done through internet except for the 10-12 visit by the dedicated service engineer. the service engineer is at 30K per month slab. all other 13 employees are paid between 10K to 50 K per month. our office is located in the Manipal highway and not in the industrial area. we have taken health insurance ( cashless scheme ) for all the employees covering their parents too.

do we need to take ESI and PF, please advice.


From India, Manipala
irrespective of nature of job and other criteria, both the schemes are related to labor welfare, and applicable when the specified strength of employment is reached. including exempted employees for man-count (employment strength)
ESIC coverage is mandatory when the employment strength reach 10
EPF Civerage is mandatory when the employment strength reach 20

Dear Mr Sudhakar, Further, you have to Register "Sri Krishna Engineers" under The Karnataka Shops & Commercial Establishments Act, 1961, The Karnataka Professions Tax, The Employees State Insurance Act, 1948 with immediate effect.
Further, maximum Salary is 50K, Consequently you have to obtain TAN for remittance of TDS of Employees.

From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™