Dear Seniors
Spouse of one of our women employees (Grade - Executive) creating problem on and off inside as well as outside the factory with other employees. We are aware that this is happening due to strained relationship between the women employee and her spouse. Please suggest what is the action we can take on this case.
S Rangarajan

From India, Pondicherry
How is the Spouse allowed inside the office or factory. You can deny him entry into the premises (as a trouble maker). Outside the factory or office, you really have no control. Only the Woman employee can stop it with interference from her family and friends or a Police and finally the court.

From India, Mumbai
Thanks Mr. Ashutosh. I would like to issue an advisory memo to the women employee to inform her spouse to refrain from indulging into the activities of our organisation else we will be forced to initiate appropriate action in accordance with the law.
May I seek your opinion in this regard.

From India, Pondicherry
Dear Mr. Rangarajan,
You do not need to issue any advise to the employee. You just have to instruct your security to not allow the concerned person in the office or factory gate.
Also, outside your office or factory premises, you cannot interfere without the request from the female employee, also if your office or factory staff is being harassed, then they can file a police complaint, where in the police, will give a warring to concerned person and mostly, they stop doing the non sense.
You can issue a advise note to the female employee, but you are not actually helping her, as instead of trying to build a emotional support from the organisation, you are distancing the employee from the organisation. She as well be going through a lot of trauma, do not do anything to increase it.

From India, Mumbai
You should instruct security not to allow anybody's spouse with out permission from the authorities concerned. In case he / she wants to talk to their spouses you should allow the working spouse to go to security / meeting room talk and report back instead allowing the other person in to the work area.

In case the spouse creating any issue at the office / factory then the security should try to convince or else they should take the support of the local police.

As far as the issues out side the premises it won't comes under your purview. In such cases either the employee need to handle on his own or else he should take the support of police.

Your / company involvement is only in case any outsider creates any issue to the employees while the employees are travelling on company provided transport or the employee is out of the work area & while he was on duty.

Hope you are clear.

From India, Hyderabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server