Hi, Could you please tell me if we can change the designation of a trainee engineer with revision in stipend?
From India, Gurgaon

Get Dual Certificates from IIM Shillong and SHRM →
Promoted: IIM Shillong - PG Certification in Human Resource Management (Explore Course)
Hope the stipend that you aare paying is above the minimum wages of skilled category. Yes, you can change the designation to other than trainee and issue fresh letter mentioning the designation.
From India, Mumbai
Thank you Shrikant for your reply.
Its been 6 months the employee is working as a trainee engineer. He is performing well so we want to revise his stipend and change his designation as a mechanical engineer. We can't make him our permanent employee for now.
Please suggest.
Also, please tell me in which cases we can't change the designation of an employee .

From India, Gurgaon
You can increase the stipend without changing the designation.
If you are changing his designation to 'Mechanical Engineer', you are absorbing him in your company as employee, please understand this very clearly.

From India, Thane
Thank you Mr. Bharat. Please suggest any alternative for the same.
From India, Gurgaon
I have given you an alternative, change the salary, change the designation when you decide to absorb him.
From India, Thane

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server