Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Our company has to start service tax billing from next month.
How do I get registered for GST? in the site it is showing only for existing tax payers. We have not paid any tax till now as we have not invoiced till now .
We are not registered under vat or service tax .
Thanks in advance.

From India, Bengaluru
Please consult a tax consultant who will enroll you for GST and w.e.f. July 01, 2017 you will be required to follow GST regulations if your state has implemented GST
From India, Ahmadabad
Hi, I wanted to do the registration myself. But I am not able to find any option to register for a non tax payer. Kindly let me know if new registrations started ? or only migrations can be done?
From India, Bengaluru
If you want to do it yourself then please approach the Service Tax Department nearby, they will help you getting registered.
From India, Ahmadabad
Please wait till July 1 when GST will be implemented. As of now, only existing taxpayers are being migrated into the new GST system.
Fresh registrations will start when the GST regime kicks in.
In any case, if you wish to raise invoices that total an amount upto 9 lacs in a financial year, you can do so without any service tax liability as per the existing Service Tax law. Beyond 9 lacs, you will have to apply for Service Tax registration. This is subject to condition that your billing for the last financial year was less than Rs.10 lacs.
For any further help or advise, please feel free to connect with us. We deal in matters related to GST as well as Service Tax.
Thanks & Regards,

From India, New Delhi
We have not invoiced till now and we have to invoice this month by 27th.
Do we have to register under service tax or we can Invoice without tax for this month and directly register for GST once the registration opens after 25th of june.

From India, Bengaluru
You can start invoicing without Tax as of now, since you have not invoiced till date. As Avika has aptly answered you are required to get registration for a turnover of over Rs. 10 Lacs in a financial year till then you are exempted. Furthermore if your turnover is less than 50 lacs in a year you can avail composition on GST.
From India, Ahmadabad
When you are not a existing tax payers, then you need to apply for a new GST registration. GST registration is easy and can be done yourself (if you know little deep finance/law) or you may choose online websites for easy, fast and cheap GST registration.
You may choose, as I have also spoke to them regarding GST registration for HR recruitment services. Here is the link:

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™