Gross salary is to be paid by me for full and final settlement? - CiteHR
Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Seniors,
Actually I need some clarification, I had served notice period only for 12 days instead of one month. Now as per my appointment letter I have to pay recovery amount which means salary in lieu. Now my query is whether it should be gross or basic. As per our HR the Gross salary is to be paid by me for full and final settlement. Is there any general terms and condition exist that can clear this thing. because I have searched online and I did not find any answer. Please assist on this.
Thanks in advance.

Hello, Yes it is on gross you have do recovery. Regards Chandana Hyma
Dear Anamika,
Please refer to "Termination Clause" in your Appointment Letter, which has been agreed & accepted by you.If it is mentioned as "Salary" it means "Gross Salary". If it is mentioned as "basic Salary", it means only Basic Salary.You have to stick to the appointment Letter Clause of your company.

Hii.. Ok if it is Gross salary but as per our HR the fnf settlement will be proceed after 90 days of paying one month gross salary and it is no where mentioned in my appointment letter. Please suggest on this.
1. The HR is trying to bully you, after processing full & final settlement HR will come to know that what is actual amount of recovery.
2. You can write to your HR for processing the full & final settlement & let you know as to what is the amount of recovery from you. Be professional & precise, polite but firm in your resolve.
3. May the HR person is himself not aware of the process. Every company informs the employees about all such processes.

Dear Sir,
I requested my HR to deduct the recovery amount from my pending dues. Also I request her to confirm the amount as I am in need of money but she is neither ready to confirm the recovery amount nor for early settlement. Also my last working day was 24th may and in April due to revision of minimum wages they increase our salary by 8 to 10% percent. Now Should I pay the amount as per revised salary or initial salary drawn in the month of March as I didn't receive any information on increase of salary in written.

Salary at the time of leaving is considered for notice period recovery.
If your HR is not giving you proper update then escalate it to the higher level. Follow should be done on mail.
Please send a registered A/D letter to HR with copy to the CEO this also should be registered A/D. Inform them in the letter that they can recover from your dues and balance amount may be paid to you. Also ask them to send the FnF statement. Please be polite and firm. This will give them an impression that you are very serious in the matter.
Also mention in the letter the number of times you have called the HR (mention the name also) and the reply you got.
Be specific on the point that you are ready to pay the notice period amount only after you receive the FnF statement and you are convinced that it is correct.
Please do not add any frills to the letter be crisp & professional.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™