Query Regarding Bond Signed With The Company - CiteHR
Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
Asso.prof.(commerce & Management) Pg
Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager
Labour Law Advocate
Assistant Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I am working for a private company, my question is - I have traveled to US for a process transition for 1 month and before going on transition co told me to sign a bond of 2 years which I did.
Now the issue is I am working in Noaida and my home location is Mumbai, I want to quite the job and move back to Mumbai as to take care of my parents as they are not keeping well. Now when I resigne from the company I have few questions plz help me out:
1. Do I need to pay 2 lac rupees for which I have signed the bond for 2 years as I have not completed 2 years after returning from US. Till now I have only completed 8 month with the co?
2. If I don't pay the bond amount what will happen, does co have a legal right to take me to the court?
3. Can co hold my reliving letter if the amount is not paid to them?
Pleas help me out so that I can move to Mumbai to take care of my parents.
Rakesh M

1. Bonds to withhold an employee is illegal. Through this bond a company can only recover the amount which has been spent on you for providing any special trainning and nothing more. Your reason of leaving the job earlier has no significance.
2. If you do not pay Rs.2 lacs company can take you to Court where you need to defend yourself.
3. They may withhold the relieving letter.

you have not mentioned that you are going to take up alternate job or not?.If you are taking alternate job, before completion of 2 Years Bond which you have agrred, company is well within its right to Recover the amount towards failure to complete the required period of Service.If you are going to be with your Parents to take care of them, you can submit all medical records to the Employer & try to convince them to waive the 2 Years.
Does your office have a branch in Mumbai ? if yes,try for an amicable transfer.
Please share the Bond draft for giving proper reply. On what pretext this bond was prepared and signed has to be verified from the bond document.
while signing the bond you might have read all the conditions there in
if you are sent for a specialised training,the company has every right to recover the money spent on you for training
simply asking you to pay is not correct,company has to establish the fact of spending the money with proofs otherwise the bond will not stand
Try for transfer if they have a branch at mumbai
talk to your superior with open mind and seek advise
moveing around the courts is a painful and time consuming ,mental stress
B L n patrudu

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™