Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager
Hr Executive

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hello Everyone,
I'm working with an Organization for last five years in it's Head Office as HR Executive. Suddenly my employer transfer me to one of it's factory without any written communication. There is no female employee in that factory except some contract labors. They verbally informed me that to promote HR activities to those female contract workers, my duty location has been transferred with immediate effect. As I'm going through some medical treatment, I informed them that It is not possible for me me to accept the proposal. But the next day when I went to my Office, they cut my name from attendance register, they block my official mail ID and they send mail to all other employees requesting them not to make any HR related correspondence with me.
In my Appointment Letter it is written that 'employee's work location can be transferred from one location to another due to exigencies of work'.
Kindly suggest me what should I do in this context ?

From India, Bangalore
Dear Monidipa,
Sudden transfer apart, if you look at the employer's actions subsequent to the transfer, it can be inferred that your employer no longer wishes to keep you on the rolls of the company. Your transfer was just a ploy to remove you. Instead of telling directly to quit, they have created adverse conditions for you.
The question is about your five years stay. Even after spending sufficiently long time in the company, why things came to such a pass where management is removing you unceremoniously? Was there disagreement or dispute with someone? Has some higher authority made a complaint against you? Did you commit any grave mistake in the recent past? To whom you report to and how were your relations with him/her? Has some new CEO joined and that person thinks that you cannot fit into his/her scheme of things?
At this stage, there is no point in taking on your employer. Your management has struck at you when you were unguarded. Submit letter of resignation, take your dues and move on to the next employment.
All the best!
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Dear Dinesh Sir,
Thanks for your reply.
I would like to share one thing, that in last five years there is no complaint against me, I secure good score on each appraisal, and also get promoted.
The only problem lies with a very old senior of my dept who somehow don't wants to encourage female employees and highlights every small things to management.
You are very much right that I should not continue with this Company where this type of unprofessional practice exists.
Now my question is that, whether any support instrument is there if I want to protest this type of insensible act towards female employees??

From India, Bangalore
if you come under the Definition of "Workman" as per Section 2(S) of Industrial Disputes Act, you can approach Labour Officer of Labour Department concerned.But, it may affect your future Employment.Instead of that it would be wise to take your settlement & try for alternate job.If it was Govt Job, it is worth fighting.
From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™