Hr & Administration
Asso.prof.(commerce & Management) Pg
+1 Other

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear Sir/Ma'am,
I had broken a bond of 2 years worth rs 2 lakhs in 9 months of the service. It has been 3 years. Apart from getting 2 letters on their official letter head from the company no action was taken against me.
Meanwhile in this gap of 3 years I did my mba. And at the time of campus placements I got a job offer from an american bank (in India). I had shown my work experience in the cv which i submitted to the company.
Now I git an offer letter and they are asking me for the experience certificate which I don't have. I have my salary slips. But they are asking for the experience certificate.
I spoke with the hr of my previous employer. He asked me to mail him that I want the experience certificate. After sending him the mail he is not responding to me. What should I do? Please advise. Can I loose my new job?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
It is a ticklish issue at this stage. In all probability they may ask you to remit the due against the bond as a pre-condition. Perhaps if it is very crucial you should be prepared for it. It's also possible they (MNC) may send a reference to this co. In any case the service certificate is going to be reality only after these compliance. For now, you should again request your HR contacts and try to convince him of your need. Since its over 3 yrs by now luck may favour you. You might as well convince them saying you really did study MBA (but not gainfully employed elsewhere after leaving this job) and hence no means of remitting the bond money or come to worse, agree to down payment of a token money of a few thousands only, by a bargaining. If all these fail, unlikely, you have to request the MNC only not to insist for the certificate citing your fail(ed) attempts. Don't panic, keep your positive thinking intact. Wish you all the very best.
Dear sir, Thank you for responding. It helps a lot. The issue is, I am ready to pay the bond amount. But will they accept it. If not what should I do?
As Mr.Kumar has said be positive. Meet the HR of your previous company. Try and resolve the issue amicably. Possible they may ridicule you; keep your head cool and sort out the matter.
There is no other go, do it, come what may, have courage ya.
Unfortunately India do not have one law having panindia coverage mandating experience certificate. Kerala have law which makes it compulsory that service certificate should be given.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™