We are a contractor firm with around 20 employees .we are registered under PF and ESI and shop establishment act.in Delhi. Now one of our client is asking for labour welfare fund certificate and labour welfare fund challans. Can anyone explain the process to get LWF certificate and documents required for the same.
From India, New Delhi
Normally an establishment to which Provident Fund is applicable is not expected to be covered by Labour Welfare Fund Act.

There are welfare fund and Welfare Fund Boards for different activities, say, for employees in construction sector, there is Construction workers welfare fund board, for workers in loading and unloading there is Headload Workers Welfare Fund Board etc. In order to get your establishment and workers registered under the welfare fund scheme, you will have to approach the relevant Board and do the formalities including payment of contributions. What the Principal employer would like to see is whether the workers engaged in his plant are registered under the Fund or not. For that you have to show the contribution card.

Again I would say that establishments to which PF is applicable, welfare fund is not payable. This is because the latter is a state Act and an Act passed by a state legislature applies to such establishments to which a Central Act (Employee Provident Fund and Misc. Provisions Act is a Central Act) does not apply.


From India, Kannur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server