Respected seniors,
This Ramu working in manufacturing unit as DM-HR at Vijayawada, My query is that our company has taken up expansion project and given contract to construction company for construction of buildings. The construction company is followed by Contract labour Act. Now the construction is propose to give sub contracts to other persons. Is it permissable?. Then what are norms we have to follow as principle employer?
Kindly advice me on this issue

From India, Vijayawada

Prepare youself for senior leadership roles by discovering your unique leadership style →
Promoted: UCLA - Executive Leadership in a VUCA World (Explore Course)
I hope, Ramu, your Co while awarding the construction contract to 'A' Construction Co. should have included a clause prohibiting them resorting to 'sub contracting'. Check your contract conditions. Generally such clauses are added with a rider saying "sub-contracting whole or part of this contract is prohibited. In case of need arises it shall be the discretion of our co. either to accede or deny. Failure to do so result in cancellation/termination of your contract....." So first check your contract/WO and then decide how to deal with it.
From India, Bangalore
Thanks for your reply sir . But we have not mentioned in work order such type of conditions. Construction company (A) is planning to give some portion of works to "B" Agency. The "B" agency is having separate PF, ESI codes. Is it permissable? Whether "B" agency has to get labour license under CLRA ? Can construction company "A" issue Form-V to "B" agency
Kindly advice on this issue

From India, Vijayawada
Provision must be there to engage sub contractor. For exigency of work, you can still approach Principal employer to allow to avail the services of sub contractor. Once PE accepts, he can extent form V to sub contractor to get licence from concerned labour authorities.Provision exists.
From India, Nellore
Are you willing to accede to their intentions of 'sub contracting' ? You should be convinced of the sincerity and purpose of this on the part of your contractor. Check their licence and other documents before hand. And If you are willing, you should issue the amended WO to this effect, take an indemnity bond from your contractor to indemnify you against all consequent liabilities.
From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server