Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
My situation and queries are as below:

My age is below 50 years and I completed more than 10 years of eligible service in Dec 2012, that is when I left my last job and have been unemployed since then. As per the guidelines at, I can get a Scheme Certificate from Pension Fund by applying through Form-10C.

Q: Kindly confirm whether the duly filled Form-10C is to be submitted to the Office of the PF Commissioner by the Employer or the Employee?

Q: At the time of submission of Form-10D, would I be required to submit Form-2(R) to declare my nominee or would the nomination I make through Form-10C now still be valid at that time?

Regarding the actual Monthly Pension, I want it to start at the age of 58 which I would attain in the year 2034. That would be 17 years from now and 22 years from the date of leaving my last employment.

Q: Do I have to wait till the age of 58 to send in my Application for Monthly Pension through Form-10D or I can do it even now?

Q: If I can do it now, should I send in both Form-10C and 10D together?

Q: If I have to wait till the age of 58 to apply, I am afraid that my last employer would not be able to provide the "Particulars of Wages and Pension Contribution for the 12 months preceding the date of leaving service" as required on the page 4 of the Form-10D. This is because it would be 22 years at that time since I left my employment with them. Further, I am not even sure if anyone there would recognize me in 2034 or that the Employer would still be in existence at that location so far in future. How do people overcome this problem practically?

Q: Can I defer the pension start to age 60 to get an additional benefit of 8.16% on my pension? If yes, what is the procedure?

I would be really grateful to anyone who can provide me with authoritative answers to my queries.

From India, New Delhi
Dear Mahit,
You may apply for scheme certificate now. Your full details including salary will be recorded in it. Hence there is no room for salary after few years.
At the age of 50 years, if you were not in employment, you may apply for reduced pension which will be more beneficial to you that waiting for 58 years or 60.

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™