This company X is registered in Hyderabad and has a branch in Bangalore. However the company has not been registered in Karnataka. Even the PF of employees is in Hyderabad. The organization is in the ITES sector.
1) Is it legal to operate in Karnataka in this manner?
2) If I have to report this who would that be?

Sr. Hr Manager
+1 Other

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


If the company has Registered office in Hyderabad & if at all there are any branch offices in Bangalore the following registrations in Bangalore is mandatory
1) Registration with Shops & Commercial Establishment
2) Registration of Professional Tax (Both EC & RC)
3) Trade Licence Certificate
4) Sales Tax if applicable
PF can be contributed in Parent company & there is no harm

From India, Bangalore
Labour Law Index

Now in Karnataka to my knowledge ITES companies are exempted from any compliance under Shops and Establishment Act. But they have to apply for P Tax. Also there is service tax and sales tax. So if you are sure that they are carrying any illegal activity or carrying any activity illegally. First contact area Police Station and lodge a GD. Then they will take care of rest. No other department can directly take cognizance of your complaint as you lack locus standi.
From India, Kolkata

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server