Dear Sir/Ma'am,
As per Minimum Wage Act for UP the Minimum Wage for unskilled labor is Rs.7215.
So can I bifurcate this amount as 4000 as Basic+2000 as HRA + 1215 as other allowance.
So that I have to deduct and pay PF contribution @12% of 4000 = Rs. 480

From India, Delhi
Educator, Management Consultant & Trainer
Management Consultant
Hr Executive

Dear Manoj, No. You must cover the full minimum wages as basic salary under EPF. All allowances except HRA will be considered as PF Wages. Regards, Boopathi.N
From United States, New York
Dear sir, Please pay PF CONTRIBUTION ON NOTIFIED wages only, a legal and correct advice. Regds,
From India, Delhi
Dear Manoj,
PF contribution under Act of 1952 has no relation whatsoever with the minimum wages fixed under the Act of 1948. PF contribution has to be paid only on the basis of basic wages as defined u/S.2(b) of the Act of 1952 as well as DA/Retaining allowance, if any in terms of S.6 of the Act of 1952.
PF authorities has no power under the PF Act to direct the establishment to remit PF on minimum wages prescribed by State Govt.
The issue is pending in the S.C. in Appeal Civil 9284/2013 between Asstt. PF Commissioner vs. M/s G4S Security Services.and there is no stay to the judgment of Division Bench of P & H H.C.
However, it is better to pay PF Contribution on the basic wages which is a component under the Minimum wages declared by the State Govt.
S. Sensharma, Industrial Law Consultant, Meerut

From India, undefined

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server