Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Apex Management
Labour Laws Consultants
[email protected]
Sr. Manager (p&a)
Hr / Ir

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
My Company is going to relocate to a new premises, wherein on one floor Manufacturing activity will be carried and on other floor administration, finance, hr activity will be carried on. Till date we have only taken licence under Shop and establishment act, we are applying for factories act. My question is whether we can have two separate licences i.e. under factories act only for one floor where manufacturing activity will be carried out, and separate licence under Shop and est. for office floor? or do we need to have only one licence under factories act and surrender shop and est licence? and what would be effect of this?
Kindly advise.
Thank you.

From India, Pune
Since both the manufacturing activity and the administrative functions are carried out in the same building or within the same premises, you can have only one registration, ir, a registration under Factories Act.

From India, Kannur
As indicated by Mr.Madhu you shall apply for factory license as the premises will now be the same. In fact I presume the new premises will be your registered office & factory.
Please take care of administrative procedures if you had different procedures for office & factory till now as employees will have the tendency to compare.

From India, Madras
No need to have two different licences for a same organisation in one building. It is enough to have Factory licence covering all the employees strength in the said licence. V.Murali
From India, Madipakkam
Dear sir, Since the factory and office are associated and is part and parcel of the same organisation, only Factories Act will be applicable. P K Sharma
From India, Delhi
I appreciate the views you all have put in, apart from trades related to factories we have other services which do not related to the manufacturing activity. So considering this point can we apply for separate license under shop and establishment act?
From India, Pune
You will have to demarcate two different Institutions & their business activities incl manpower.
From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™