Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Junior Engineer

While joining, I made an agreement for 2 years with a security with a security deposit of Rs.10000.After the completion of 2 years, I resigned from that organization. When I went to the employer to request my security deposit, he refused to refund it.
Is there any procedure to demand security deposit refund from the employer?
I have appointment letter, Acceptance of resignation letter, Relieving order with me.
2nd February 2017 From India, Hyderabad
Dear Hemanth,
How did you pay security deposit to the company? Was it through cheque or it was deducted from your salary? If it is former then do you have photocopy of the cheque? If not, then do you bank statement for that particular month? If it was deducted through your salary then do you have the copy of the salary of that month? If yes, has this deduction been reflected?
What are the terms of refund of the security deposit? Have these been enumerated in the appointment letter itself or some separate letter has been issued? Have you completed the notice period or you have left the employment without completion of the notice period? Is the refund of the security deposit linked to the fulfilment of the notice period?
There are so many questions associated with your post. Please give complete information which will help senior members to give you further advice.
Dinesh Divekar
2nd February 2017 From India, Bangalore
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™