I was working in our of the pharma company (India operations) from past almost 25 years. My wife also worked there for 23 years after which she was chucked out on non-flimsy reasons and she got involved in the litigation with the company. The company started pressuring me to withdraw the case of my spouse which I politely declined as it shows no involvement of me and hardly represents my feelings for the company. One fine day, they terminated my services and verbally cited the reason as my spouse's case though they are hesitant to give anything in writing. So I have few queries
- Is it justifiable legally
- can they hold my F&F and till when (even if the services are terminated) - they are pressurizing me to accept the verdict (sign the related documents of clearance)
- What can be the legal remedy for me considering in all those years I was the best employee, working on almost all of their brightest projects
- Can they sue me for joining the competition as I am bound by Covenant of Confidentiality (applicable in case of termination of services?)
- What is the difference between termination and discharge?
From India, Bhagwanpura
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.