Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Online Services

I have been dumped by my husband just after the birth of a girl child and now she is 6 months old. I have no other resources and income to support my life as well as the life on my baby. I would like to ask that, what are the options open to me as my husband is working in an MNC and how to approach the Authorities in HR to comply them so that a part of his Salary is debited and paid to me regularly. Also I would like to add my daughter's name to the Family Health Insurance which MNC provides. How to approach for the same. If I fail to get justice for the Management, then, I am weighing is to approach the Labour Court, if so how to approach it. Kindly, advise in detail.

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Hasan,

What is happening in your family is quite unfortunate. Nobody should go through the trauma that you are going through.

My empathy apart, I can only say that this is a HR forum. We discuss here HR related issue. Yours is a personal matter or family matter. How can we intervene or give suggestion of any kind?

You would like to bring pressure on your spouse through HR so that he can partake his monthly income to you. With this amount per month, you would like to maintain yourself and your child. Nevertheless, how can HR can get into personal life of an employee is a point to moot. Employer-employee relationship sustains only because of performance. Employee is not required to oblige his employer anything beyond the service matters.

At this stage, you have two options. One is to approach family counsellor and explore possibility rapprochement between the two estranged partners. It needs to be convinced to both the parties that for the healthy development of a child, husband and wife must reconcile. If child is brought up in the environment of disaffiliation and disaffection, it will have disastrous consequence in the future.

Both of you must understand that a real need of spouse arises after sixty. However, to attain that point or level, both the parties have to stay together for three decades or more. I have seen few couples who spent their lifetime in feud with the other party, realised the importance of the other partner when either of them afflicts with some chronic disease in their old age.

If this option does not work, then you may approach a lawyer who handles matrimonial disputes and file a petition for restoration of conjugal rights. While recommending this, let me specify that I am doing it out of my general knowledge and am not a lawyer who handles matrimonial disputes. Therefore, your lawyer will have final say.

My prayers for the success of the first option.


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™