I was working as a software developer trainee in IT company. I signed service bond (only 5 lines on 100rs stamp paper) stated that If I leave the company within 2 years from the date xx-xx-2016 I have to give them 1,00,000rs. But they didn't issued any appointment letter that explains my role, salary, training, resign procedure etc.. They were providing me only 6000rs salary every month to bank account.

I worked there for 5 months, they started telling me that I am not worth for 6000rs, that hurts me very much I left the company by sending resignation through email with good review only without stating any bad remarks.

Now they are sending me legal notice through lawyer to pay compensation amount (service bond amount) of 1,00,000.

1. Only Service Bond signed on 100rs stamp paper (only 5 lines of statement)

2. No appointment letter given

3. Only 6000rs per month salary to bank account no pf nothing.

4. They orally said after 3 months they will increase my salary to 12000rs, so I signed bond.

5. I was from distant place, I stayed there in PG. 6000rs per month very difficult for living that too 2 years.

What I should do now? I don't have money to spend on lawyer. Can I neglect the lawyer notice.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Service bonds/ agreements are generally invalid irrespective of the points 1-5 mentioned by you hereinabove. If you have been provided with any special training, then cost of such training can only be recovered through this bond, nothing more. Bond cannot be used to withhold an employee.
Since they have sent you a legal notice, you should reply to such notice without delay through a lawyer only.
Before providing further advice, it is essential to know the content of your resignation letter as well as legal notice sent by the company.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™