Mine is not a complicated case but want your expert advise to save my career, and all your help will be highly appreciated.
My company's India branch was closed this year on 30th December 2016, we were told in advance in early October 2016. Some people were retained until 30th Dec 2016, and some ( like me ), were asked to leave by 30th October 2016. They paid me 2 months advance notice, gratuity, All dues with extra benefits, but the resignation acceptance and Release letter ( F&F) said that my contract with the company will end on 31st December 2016,and, I should hand over all items of the company on or before 28th October, and F&F will be paid on 30th November. They provided experience letter up to 30th Dec 2016.
My questions to all you experienced people is, and would really need your expert advise is -
1) Since my experience letter is til 30-12-2016, and my Release and Resignation acceptance letter says that contract will end on 30-12-2016, so, can i say that i worked with this company till 30-12-2016, since my contract said so, even if i as not working after 30-10-2016?
2) How much employment gap is acceptable to Future employers ? I am asking this because My salary ( > 100000 PM ) range and technology i work on, I am getting a lot of interview calls from South India, but not from North India ( very few jobs in Delhi with right Salary ). My Wife is pregnant and delivery date is 17th April 2017. I am in a fix right now, if i should stay in Delhi and look for jobs in Delhi, and attend to my wife ( Hospital , checkups , House work - My mother is ill and i lost my father some years ago), or should i move to south India. I also have a Three and half year old son who goes to school, but have relatives here in Delhi who can occasionally help my wife, along with my brother who is married and lives separately not very far.
3) if i stay in Delhi and don't find a job in to 3-4 months, is it OK with recruiters, if I tell truth that because of my reasons, I didn't want to shift to South India ?
4) Should i stay in Delhi, or move to South India for my careers sake, and leave my family here. Will this Impact my future, if I don''t get a job in Delhi
5) Will this Impact my future, if I stay in Delhi and try to find right job here, and move to South India after my Wife's delivery.
From India, Delhi
can somebody advise please ? It’s been long and nobody replied. I though this site was helpful.
From India, Delhi
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.