Labour Law & Hr Consultant

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Seniors
I work for an PSU ,and we are following the old Annual Appraisal System , where the Controlling Officer , Reviewing Officer and the Accepting Officer rates the employee for their performance every year.
Recently one of the employee'S performance has been rated " bad" and at the same time there are certain adverse comments against her performance. As per process the " Personnel Dept" needs to convey the "adverse remarks" to the employee, and it was done.The employee has now given a representation recently requesting to expunge the adverse remarks from her ACR .
Please let me know what should be my next step as a HR Professionel.Can the negative remarks be changed ? I f yes by whom and what should be the process to follow.

From India, Gurgaon
Dear Priya,
Annual Confidential Report or ACR is a vital document in any Performance Appraisal System. Any adverse remarks can affect the career growth of the employee concerned. You can find detailed guidelines and instructions in this regard in your service manual. The Reporting Officer normally who is the controlling officer of the employee should not write vague adverse remarks like " inefficient" ""lacks civility" etc in the ACR. His adverse remarks should be specific and substantiated with connected instances of lapses or short comings on record. You have to see whether the Reviewing Officer machanically concurred with the assessment of the reporting officer. If the adverse remark lacks specifity and substantiation, the HR can recommend its expungement from the ACR to the HOD as appealed by the employee.

From India, Salem
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™