Partner - Risk Management
Private Consultant On Labour Laws
Educator, Management Consultant & Trainer
+1 Other

Thread Started by #sweeti kavthankar

Hi, I m working for a private company and my offer letter include one condition that i need to working for minimum 2 years. i will be completing two years in March 2017. My query is management asking me to accept transfer in another dept without any increment or to resign from the job. what can i do since i do not want to shift to other department if salary not getting revise.
26th November 2016 From India, Panjim
You try to relocate/adjust in the transferred place. Perform well. Hunt for the other job of your choice should have been on.
26th November 2016 From India, Delhi
I could have but company is not offering as what as committed. This year raise was given to few dept but our dept was not given anytg. also i was committed that increment is given every year but till date we have not got nay thing and now the dept which they want me two join is to handle job of three people who left this month.
26th November 2016 From India, Panjim
You have been asked to move to another department
I don't see any particular problem unless that department is not one you want to work with, like if it is out of scope for your training and career plan.
There is no need for the company to give you a salary hike for a change in work or department.
You have a clause requiring you to work for 2 years. But the company has just given you and exit option.
So if you are not interested in this company because they are not giving you a salary hike, then this is your opportunity to get out.
28th November 2016 From India, Mumbai
Ms Sweeti,
When you work in a company, you can not work at your terms unless you're indispensable to the organization.You can't decide you own allocation to the dept. you like. It is the prerogative of the management to decide where your services can be best utilized in the interest of the company. You can't dictate the terms. I agree with Sh Saswata Banerjee that "there is no need for the company to give you a salary hike for a change in work or department.'
In my opinion, there is no need to create ruckus for your conditional placement or increase in salary at the moment, which may land you in trouble. You have indicated that you're finishing the two years bond agreement in March, 2017, my advice to you is to continue with the company as they desire and meanwhile look for some suitable job somewhere else and leave the present job at your first opportunity.
BS Kalsi,
Member Since August, 2011
28th November 2016 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™