$ Eligibility for registration
Registration is mandatory for companies/organisations which employ more than 20 individuals, including contractual and permanent employees. Smaller organisations which do not have the minimum strength can voluntarily register themselves. Companies which grow to a strength of 20 members are expected to register themselves within one month from the time of attaining this strength, with penalties applicable for delays in registration.
$ EPF registration procedure for employers
An employer can choose to register either offline or online, with the online option being the preferred mode for registration today. The registration form can be downloaded from the website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. Employers need to provide the following details to successfully register themselves.
- Name and address of company
- Head office and branch details
- Mention date of incorporation/registration of company
- Fill up details of employees – total employee strength
- Activity the business/enterprise is involved in – i.e. manufacturing, production, service, etc.
- Legal details – This pertains to legal status of a company, i.e. whether it is a private firm/public company, partnership or society, etc.
- Owner details, including designation and address of Directors and partners
- Particulars related to wage component of employees, i.e. total wage disbursed during a month
- Details of bank with whom company has banking relationship
- PAN details
- Basic details of employee (name, date of joining, salary, etc.)
- A form titled “Proforma for Coverage” needs to be filled with the details mentioned above to finish the registration process. In addition to this Proforma for Coverage, employers are expected to submit Form 5A with Annexure 1 to complete the formalities.
$ Documents required
Employers are expected to furnish certain documents as proof in order to successfully register, a list of which are mentioned below.
- Copy of partnership deed if the company is a registered partnership firm
- A copy of the Certificate of incorporation for a Public or Private Limited Company.
- Public and Private Limited Companies need to submit a copy of memorandum and Articles of Association
- PAN details of company
- Partition deed
- Proof of incorporation – first sales invoice/ license issued by competent authorities
- Salary details of employees (3 previous month)
$ THESE ARE THE FOLLOWING FORM SHOULD BE MAINTAINED BY EMPLOYER
- Form-5A in duplicate within 15 days (at the time of registration to commissioner )
- Form-11 (declaration by the employee for certifying that wherever has worked/or not worked,he/she never had a PF account to stop the multiple numbers of account and kept with the employer only)
- Form-2 (nomination form )
- Form 5 (list of all the employees newly joined in that month)-every month
- Form 10 (list of all the employees left during the same month) -every month
- Form 12A (monthly return form)
- Form 3A (individual computation sheet )-annual return
- Form 6A (consolidated annual contribution statement)-annual return
$ EPF CHALLAN (on or before 15th of every month)-triplicate copy
EPF will be deducting on basic salary @ 12% employee share and 13.61% employer share.
- A/C No.1: 3.67% of employer and 12% employee (PF account)
- A/C No.2: 1.10%of employer (PF Inspection charge/administrative charge)
- A/C No. 10: 8.33% of employer (pension scheme)
- A/C No. 21: 0.50% of employer (employees deposit linked insurance-EDLI)
- A/C No. 22: 0.01%of employer (EDLI Administrative charge)
*****FOR MORE INFORMATION LOG ON TO www.epfindia.com
26th November 2016 From India, Delhi
26th November 2016