Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Which post of yours you are referring to? By and large, junior members of this forum, when they raise their query, have got the reply. Queries related to any knowledge category like hardcore HR, statutory matters, training, OD etc have been addressed to the delight of the originator of the queries.
I recommend you raising fresh post. Give sufficient background information about your query. Your post should not have just 1-2 lines. Do not use SMS lingo. Quality replies depend on quality posts. Assure us the quality and I assure you the quality replies. Spending hour or so in typing, sometimes I have given very long replies. Therefore, with conviction I would say that your disappointment is misplaced.
23rd November 2016 From India, Bangalore
Such broad queries generally do not gather much interest. An easy way to improve is by exploring the existing material available on the network.
All the best,
23rd November 2016 From India, Gurgaon
If your query is on making HR policies in your company, then you may refer the following thread. In this thread, there are replies by the seniors;
23rd November 2016 From India, Bangalore
I am sorry that I missed your earlier post. As correctly mentioned, you would find many learned friends around this place to provide you the right guidance to help you to hit the nail on the head. Please don't get disappointed and keep visiting Threads in here and you sure would find desired replies to your queries.
Before we venture into HR Policy development please remember it must communicate values and expectations for how things are done at your organization, keep the organization in compliance with legislation and provide protection against employment claims, document and implement best practices appropriate to the organization, support consistent treatment to staff, fairness and transparency, help management to make decisions that are consistent, uniform and predictable, protect individuals and the organization from the pressures of expectancy.
I am now taking hints from CHR and offer some few tips that would lead you in the right direction .....
1. Any policy, be it on HR or on any other company matter do always reflect the "Promoters' Thoughts" on incorporation and different aspects of operation and handling business.
2. Products and Services your Company is dealing in. Who are the other major stakeholders in the same line of business that of your Company and what are their respective staff strength? Also, which one is the best (without prejudice) and what do the offer to staff that lures job seekers to them. Try to get your hands on their HR Policy and study those.
3. Jot down the system in place like process of Appointment, probation, continuity of Service, Working Hours, Leave policy.
4. Do your Company follow any system of Acturial Valuation of Staff facility to calculate present Financial Obligation to Staff.
5. What are other benefits and facilities in addition to Salary/Wages offered to Staff and if that make them happy.
6. What are the Social Security (like Insurance, discounted food coupons, House Rent Assistance, Children Education Allowance, Domestic Medical Allowance, Staff Community Development etc.) offered by the company.
7. Take help from Colleagues and Co-employees to learn the Financial Effects of all mentioned herein above. Mind you, Promoters and Management.
8. Get a clear idea in your mind on the present system of employment, privacy legislation, occupational Health and Safety, human rights, workers compensation.
9. Study the past of your Company to conclude on
a. what does the policy need to accomplish?
b. how does this policy support the development of our desired work culture
c. how will this policy be monitored and enforced?
d. how will this policy impact a manager’s ability to act in reviewing performance, awarding promotions, approving leave,
e. how does it help in hiring or terminating?
f. how will this policy impact in attracting quality candidates?
g. how did the organization handled this issue in the past?
I hope you have atleast some input to start with. My time to this site is already up. However, I shall be back here to interact further.
24th November 2016 From India, Pune