I constructed an house with a contractor first floor, during the concrete stage the steels were layed, one of the worker came early morning 6 pm and started work , unknowingly the steel rod touched the near by electric HT line and the person fell down. soon after the incident we admitted in a private hospital and treated him, as days passed by the hospital bills were raised high, we shifted him to government hospital and took care for a month. the contractor ran away as soon as the incident took place. after month long hospital the person got discharged without telling us. now he has filed a case in labour court.he was drunk on the day of incident but i don't have any proof. what can i do now. i have spent around 50000 rs.
From India, Coimbatore
There is no mention in your post under which Act the injured workman filed the case against you in the Labour Court. However, if the construction of the house involved in the matter is exclusively for your own dwelling purpose the claim under the Employees Compensation Act,1923 will not be maintainable.
From India, Salem
Sir, another important point will be whether FIR (First Information Report) was lodged with the appropriate Police Authorities in respect of incident ? If so, what are the findings of the Police Department ?
From India, Noida

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™