Hr Consultant
+2 Others

Thread Started by #Singh85g

i was working in a IT company from 5 year, i have singed employment agreement in Jan. 2016 for one year, But my father has passed away in last month in road accident and my mother serious injured, due this financial crisis also occurred, so i disappointed and resigned from my position with 7 days notice period because i have good opportunity in other company. (my previous employer is not ready to increase my salary or other help so that i can survive with my family) as per agreement i have to serve 60 days notice period or 2 lac rupees, and employer can terminate any employee without notice and without pay 2 mounth salary, i have joined new employer but previous employer not giving revealing letter and says they will take legal action against me, so what is the solution.
26th October 2016 From India, Jaipur
working in a company for five year and singed an agreement for one year in jan 2016???? you can offer them to serve for the notice period, but right now you need a long break on accidental reasons, which is beyond your control
26th October 2016
See if you would have resigned to take care of your mother then there would have been a perfect legal point with a defense of impossibility of contract. But as you have taken another job this defense is lost. Hence you can be driven into a law suit by your employer. Sorry to say but here you have a weaker case. But the amount of 2 lac is excessive, courts generally award reasonable damage and no what you have agreed in contract.

26th October 2016 From India, Kolkata
Dear Sir/Madam,
I was working in a finance company and have an apportunity from other company so inform my seniors to left the oragnisation. The try to retain me in the company but i wants to left so i left with proper notice period but now i have joined other company but they still force me to work on my cases done in that oragnisation . They ask me to resolve my cases and warmed me to not provide my releaving letter. My oragnisation asking me for releaving letter what should i do...?
26th October 2016 From India, Panipat
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Co™