Dinesh DivekarDear Osmanmo,
Going by the list of your requirements to raise the HR department, it appears that you did not have HR department at all. Therefore, at this stage, the only solution that can be offered is to appoint either HR Manager or GM (HR). Let him/her do the rest of the job. While recruiting the candidate, make sure that he/she has worked under senior HR in his/her past career.
About HR Business Partner (HRBP): - There is nothing like HRBP. HR professionals have penchant for developing new concepts to glorify their profession. By creating such new concepts, it is their way of gaining visibility or even staying relevant. Why Finance professionals do not say that they are "Finance Business Partners" or Production professionals do not say they are "Production Business Partners"? Why HR only feels need of becoming business partner? By coining these new terms, HR tries to fight identify crisis which they have been doing it all along since the birth of the function itself. Coining new phrases has not helped HR in gaining many power as such. They are dis-empowered as much dis-empowered personnel managers were in erstwhile era.
Call it by whatever name, HR's basic roles and functions remain same. Moreover, your requirement is to raise the HR department from the scratch. Therefore, your first requirement is to fulfil requirements of Personnel Department of olden times. Then you need it evolve it into HR department and over a period of time get into euphemism like "HRBP". You may leapfrog to HRBP, but it could be risky because you could neglect few basics that are covered in the Personnel Department. By the time you realise what you had neglected, it could be too late to undo the damage.
From India, Bangalore
OsmanMoThanks for the information and suggestion Dinesh Divekar. Appreciate all your inputs.
From India, Hyderabad
Thanks for ur query in CiteHR reg. HR Rules etc., to setup HR Dept..
Recently, I provided below RULES, FORMS etc., TO SET UP H.R.Dept.- from the scratch; where NO HR/Per. Dept./Per.File existed;, NO Co.Application, Appt.Order & Other Forms for H.R.Admin, Operation & Business purpose existed to Regularise Services of Empl’s working for several years.
1. Company Application / Bio-data Form (2 Page, 40+ Points). All employees to Fillup &
Submit Certificates Copy for Proof for Qlfcn,, Exp. & Last drawn Salary to open Personal File
for every Employee.
2. Call HOD Meeting,Circular to Submit Co. Appn. by all employees with Certificates Copies
3. Circular to all HODs to collect Co. Appn. from all employees & transmit to M.D/HR.
4. Letter Format for all employees to Submit Co.Appn. + Certificates copy to M.D/HR.
5. Check List for Opening Personal Files for all employees
6. Recruitment, Shortlist Candidates, Interview, Selection, Appointment & Induction.
(Interview Assessment by Panel Members & Appl. for Appointment by MD) – Form
7. Induction Process Schedule to advise all HODs to brief new employee (on Joining)
about Co. Policy, Gen Rules & Regulations, Standing Orders-Rules of Discipline, Misconduct,
Do's & Dont's, Co’s & Empl’s Duties & Responsibilities, Dept.work, Safety, Leave Rules etc.,
8. Circular to HODs reg. Joining of New Empls. with all detls. for A/cs., PF, ESI. etc.,
9. Appointment Order - for Below Supervisory Employees -20 Imp. t&c. - 5 Pages
10. – do - - for Officers & above Employees . 35 Imp. t&c - 7 Pages
11. Man-power Planning & Succession Planning Statements to Plan, Recruit Employees.
12. Grading of Employees based on Qualification, Experience, Service, Salary etc.,
13. Categorising of Employees based on the existing Grades of all employees.
14. Master list of Employees – Seniority- wise for Management Infn. System
15. – do - -- Category-wise for Management Infn. System
16. Leave Rules - 6 CL, 6 SL, 24 PL/EL- Short & Long Leave, Extra Work, Co-Off , M.B. Rules
17. Leave Card to take Leave- 1 Card per Employee for One Year
18. Circular to HODs to introduce Leave Card from . . .
19. Leave Register to record Leave availed – Statutory.
20. Extra Work done on Holidays etc. / Co-off Availed Regr. -Statutory
21. Co-Off Appn. Form to Notify HR Dept. reg. Extra Work done, Co-off taken, Sanctioned
22. Attendance, Absent Notification Form, VAOS- Voluntary Abandonment of Service
23. Form to draw Advance for Company Works.
24. Form to submit Expenses incurred for Co. Works.
25. Form to submit T.A. Expenses.
26. Indent Form for Booking Flight, Rly./Bus Ticket, Room, Food etc.,
27. OUT PASS Form- HODs Authorisation to go out during Duty hours
28. OOD Form- HODs Authorisation to go out for Co. Works.
29. Standing Orders for Certification- Imp. Terms & Conditions, Do’s, Don’ts, Duties
30. Standing Orders - Certification Procedures, Letr. to DLC, Exhibiting on Notice
Board, Intimation to all Employees for Compliance etc.,
31. ISO Certification Procedures, Documentation of Reports, Records.
32. Statutory Compliance Forms under dif. Acts, Contractors & Contract Labourers
33. T.A. Rules – Simple
34. Performance Assessment Form- Seniors to Evaluate X’s Aptitude to Regularise Trainees,
Casuals, Promotion, Annual Increment, S.I., Transfer, T&D etc.,
35. Performance Appraisal Form – Seniors to Discuss Performance with X to consider Career
36. Self Appraisal Form – X to fill up & Seniors to evaluate to consider above(Supervisory+)
37. Disciplinary Process- Show Cause Notice, Charge sheet, Enquiry, Suspension, Dismissal
38. Resignation, Retirement, Termination, Notice Period, Exit Interview, Relieving Procedures
39. No Due Certificate to intimate Balance Accounts (for Recovery from F.S.) of
Resigned / Left employees.
40. Final Settlement Form to Settle Employees Accounts while separating.
41. Issue Service Certificate on Relieving to help X to submit for PF, Pension etc.,
42. Accident, Incident Report- to Report Injury or Property Loss, damage for Mgmnt Infn. and Follow-up action
Due to space problem, the list has become jigjag.
From India, Mumbai
jeevarathnamYes Mr. Dines Divekar I appreciate your views on evolution of HR
HR is changing its faces right from Personnel Management -- HRM -- HRD -- HRBP -- HRO etc
On each & every transformation of HR organisations are looking for certain value additions
The value addition of HRBP is more as HR professionals will be more with the core business and will have their own strategy to develop the business using the following steps
Hiring the right Talant as required by the business
Have proper induction and encourage the employee to be part of the organisation with the vision & mission
Train them as per the Industry/organisational requirement
Ensure proper Orientation for both Employee & Employer growth and the orientation should be as continuous process
Even HRPB should go out & meet the customers, understand the customer requirements & should try and implement any change if required
HRBP also should have the knowledge of assessing the financials of the organisations where in many of the HR's are not part of that
Engage the employee in their verticals
In general now a days unlike HR's, HRBP is not handling most of the personnel management assignments such as Payroll, Statutory & compliance etc
From India, Bangalore