Hr Consultant
+1 Other


Hii, I had worked in co.for more than one year and my pf was deducted from my salary, at the time of resigned i didn't withdraw my pf amount.
Later on in my new company my new pf account no. is generated . Status of pf no. showing inoperative account.
so i would like to know is there possible for me to transfer previous pf no. amount to current pf no. ?\
or can i withdraw my pf amount through regular procedure of form 19.
Kindly advice What can i do?
Thanks & Regards,
sayali .
21st October 2016 From India, Thane
In the current scenario, your old employer must have generated UAN number, now you must give that number to your new employer. He will tag that number in your new PF account. Or else you can tag previous employer pf account by activating your UAN number and listing your previous pf numbers or member id's.
See this for uan activation and other details Universal Account Number (UAN) & Employee Provident Fund (EPF) : Rules, Procedure, Return, Claim & Updates
21st October 2016 From India, Kolkata
Since you mentioned that it is an Inoperative Account, then the account is older than 3 years. So, UAN Number would not been generated for that number during that period of time.
To PF transfer to new account, you can visit the Inoperative Account Helpdesk available in all PF Office. Also, Online Inoperative Account Helpdesk is available in EPF Portal. Please make use of it.
If you want to withdraw the PF Amount, apply through that (previous) employer with Form 19 along with a request letter to the PF Office for withdrawal typed/written in a 20 rupees Bond Paper. Don't forget to mention the valid reason for not ( or delay in) withdrawing that account till date in that letter.
21st October 2016 From India, Chennai
submit a manual form 13 duly filled and duly signed with your present employer, to present employer EPF office, they will take care to get transfer
21st October 2016
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™