Reliving Letter & Settlement Money - CiteHR
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.executive (per & Adm)
Private Consultant On Labour Laws

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I worked for a company for 8.8Years. as per their notice period 3 months. I completed it. Still the company did`t provide me the reliving letter & final settlement. Now they asking for sign the in agreement cum indemnity bond. On the last day i sent the official mail also by mention the last day of working in the company.
They replied with best wishes also. How can i go further for getting the reliving letter & settlement money.

Their mail wishing you well is proof of your relieving. If you don't want to sign the indemnity bond, then don't bother. You have proof of employment and relieving and that would suffice and is acceptable in all professional and progressive companies.
Dear Anonymous friend,
I haven't able to understand as to why the company is asking you to sign the agreement cum indemnity bond when you have already submitted your resignation and have completed three months notice period. You should have enquired and asked the reasons for such requirement. Is this agreement for further serving the company or it relates to full and final settlement or indemnify the company for any loss or damage detected after your leaving the company ?
You write a letter to the company asking them to issue the relieving letter and experience certificate and settled the accounts.If they don't respond to your letter, you can approach the labour department of the area, who are empowered to intervene and settle such complaints.
BS Kalsi
Member since August, 2011

As replied by Mr. Kalsi for what reason they require you to sign the agreement/bond when you have already been relieved from your company. Please let the forum know the content of the agreement if possible so as to reply accordingly.
You have stated that you have submitted your resignation in writing by complying the terms and conditions of your appointment order. You have also received a mail from your employer wishing your future. Have you are holding any assets of company say, laptop, mobile or any other which leads to hold during tenure of your employment. In such case you return all the assets items if you are holding and hand over your possession to your sectional head and obtain his signature as taken over and also you sign as handed over. Once you complete this handing over your charge then it will be deemed as relieved. Wait for a month, if company does not settling your account including gratuity etc you can make a complaint to the Labour commissioner of your jurisdiction and raise a dispute as stipulated in the Industrial Disputes At . By intervention of the Labour Commissioner matter shall be resolved. All the best.
Adoni Suguresh
Labour Laws Consultant

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™