1) are you providing creche facility to women
2) is there facility of wifi to women
3) are you giving optional holidays
4) social media helps to empower women
5) you can arrange potloc parties weekend to all of them.
6) ensure they have good amount of time that is flexi time.
as you said the no of employees is very less you can make a note of their birthdays and offer a small gift or a certificate of appreciation.
15th October 2016 From India, Visakhapatnam
Apart from the suggestions above, have you tried to identify the reasons who have (women) left the company from their Exit interview ? You may work on the reasons given i.e. Pay package, Profile, Promotions, Professional growth, Facilities, Infrastructure etc. That will help you.
Another point, is it that all employees are women ? If so, you may initiate few programs that are women specific e.g. -
1. Organize lectures every quarter on Women Health
2. Lectures on maintaining work - life balance
3. Expert guidance on raising children
4. Knowledge on Financial Management
5. Celebrations, Games, small picnics, family get together
Hope it helps!
With best regards,
15th October 2016 From India, Pune
It is good to know that you are working on retention strategy for your firm and a thought on retention strategy particularly for women makes me believe the attrition is high only in the case of women for your firm. While seniors have provided some great ideas for retention strategy, I believe you need to understand what women employees are expecting while joining your firm, why they are leaving and are where are they going after leaving your company.
A questionnaire or discussion with existing employees and if possible old employees will help in formulating retention strategies appropriate to your company. While your company seems to be providing good monetary benefits, some of the retention strategies can be:
- Work on having regular team meetings to understand challenges faced by employees and track their work schedule.
- Work on providing good working environment where there is friendly bonding between employees and they are respected and appreciated for their work, their suggestions are being considered and if not reasoning them to encourage better results in the future.
- Suggestion box may help in understanding the issues bothering women employees and anonymous feedback will make them feel company is concerned about them.
16th October 2016 From Bahrain, Manama
For an organisation with women, I will completely second 2 things which Mr.MADHURABN has shared,
a) Felix timings- As long as the daily target of work or the work does not suffer give them flexi timings
b) Arrange a baby sitting program so that their kids are taken care off, & they can work with full concentration
c) Make the environment office a complete comfort zone and friendly, no office politics.
d) And above all appreciate their work, even if its not for real, that will keep them with you, If you can manage the D part no need to for anything else.
This is just a personal experience from past 21 years of working in the industry & observing things around, hope it is of help to you.
17th October 2016 From India, Mahesana