Apex Management
Labour Laws Consultants
Hr Consultant
Hr , Ir And Legal Matters
Hr Manager
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear all
I own a Sole proprietorship firm covered under esic and epf act . Now I want to convert it into a private limited firm .
Is there any way to keep the very same esic anf epf registrations number ? I dont want to invest again in getting a new epf or esic registration number .

From India, New Delhi
Please note that your registrations with EPF /ESI etc. will remain same. After conversion into private limited, you have to submit online amendment for ESI and written request to RPFC, EPF concerned with documentary evidences.
P K Sharma

From India, Delhi
Dear Citehr Member,
The present sole proprietor must be one of the Director of the proposed Pvt ltd company , you need to send request letters to the concerned dept for name change from proprietary ship to Pvt ltd company providing all the necessary support documents.they will do the changes.
but it is better to close proprietary firm and open new ESI nad PF account with Pvt company PAN number. no charges for this process . online free of cost.any one can do by them self.

From India
closure of an establishment under ESIC /EPF is not a smooth process, it takes its own procedure and time,
option remains with the employer
1) amend the existing registrations by submission of change of constitution, this will need complete set of documents as needed in new registrations, only old codes will remain same
2) get new codes and transfer all employees to new establishment code,
2a) submit the bank a/c closure and trade licence cancellation record to department/s for cancellation of old numbers

sir , i want to know how to calculate epf penalty and damage foe 2013 to 2016 exp : apr salary 2013-3550 how to calculate damage & penalty
From India, Chennai
Dear Ilaathippu, Please find the attached sheet for your ready reference to calculate penal damages for delay payments under section (7Q & 14 B) Thanks, Murali
From India, Gurgaon

Attached Files
File Type: xls EPF Damages Calculation.xls (28.0 KB, 161 views)

Dear all,
Suggestion of Mr Reddy is not a advisable step as for surrendering registrations, establishment requires certain documents in support of closure which are not possible as the establishment is in running conditions. It is not a question of whether fresh registrations are free of cost or costing something but the logical and legal opinion be conveyed to a person who is asking / raising his doubts in these threads.
It is better to get these registrations amended after converting into Private Limited for which he himself is interested. The process is also easy and is "free".
P K Sharma

From India, Delhi
Thank you all for your valuable advices . It really helped .
From India, New Delhi
Dear Sir/Madam,
There are two PAN numbers one is the Pvt Ltd and another is proprietor . already propitiatory PAN in use , how it will be work out . pl see the particle issues . It is better to consult concerned PF dept authorities only for better decision . ours is only discussion forum to find solution. my opinion is not final or your opinion is not final. pl do not criticize any one his suggestion.

From India
Dear Mr Reddy,
My intentions are not to criticize anyone but when the process, procedures and remedies are available in the law, why we should advise any short cut or contrary to the provisions like declaring closure of earlier establishment and getting new registrations.
You are right that the PAN number will be different for proprietory, partnership firms and companies but the EPF site do not allow us to alter anything directly as is available in ESIC. The request for change in name, address or ownership is generally referred to the Enforcement Officer concerned and amendment is done only after his report. Alteration rights are not even available with RPFC, he is a recommending authority.

From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™