I am working in an Indian MNC. When I joined my experience was 07 years but by mistake, HR recorded as 05 years due to which my promotion got delayed. When I inquired about the delay in my promotion, the company realized it's mistake and took one year to update my experience as 07 years. Because of this although I have 12 years of experience now, my promotion and other benefits are equal to 10 years' experience.

When I asked my company for justice, they are neither accepting nor denying. This has been going on since the last 03 years. Now I lost my cool. I have all the evidence. Snapshots of my experience before and after updation. Email correspondence where they informed me that they updated my experience. I don't want to leave this company at present, What should I do to get back my benefits for my lost experience which was a mistake of HR?!

Thank you,

From India, Hyderabad

Now that's corporate life :)
See, talk to the HR and don't be so rigid, as you may not know when your employer will retaliate for your approach. Remember, you have very well mentioned that you do not want to leave this company. Actually, what benefit are you referring to? Was that a monetary benefit? Promotion in a private organization clearly lies in the hands of management/immediate supervisor/HR personnel and you cannot fight for that, even though the same is mentioned in the "Career Development Policy" of the same organization. Good luck!

From India, Bangalore
Thanks for you answer Mr. Mahesh Nair,
I am asking the for Promotion which was delayed due to their mistake.This company has rating system as well as promotion system based on experience. My rating has been consistently top performer since last 04 years. Although I have 12 years experience, they still paying me basing my experience as 10 years. After 02 years stressful fight they updated my experience as 12 years and admitted their mistake but they are not giving me promotion. I have all the evidence such as mail correspondence, snapshots before and after updation of experience. The company has code of conduct policy in which it clearly stated that it will not accept any unfairness to any employee in any form and it will abide by professional ethics. In my case company deviated both of these. Can I take this issue to top most management or is it possible to take legal action?!

From India, Hyderabad
Dear RAZ
The promotions and increments are not a legal rights under various applicable laws and merely depends upon the performances, attitude, discipline, policies of the company and above all, the financial capability of the company.
It is my sincere advise not to think for any legal action against the company which will neither go against the company nor bear any fruitful result for you but you may be in trouble for your such behaviour. Since you have already spent 12 years with the company and also interest to continue, so it is better to approach politely or do compromise.
P K Sharma

From India, Delhi
Dear Mr. Raz,
In an any professionally managed organization, increment is based on yearly performance and promotion is based on potential to grow of an employee and position must be vacant. Nothing is based on length of service or year of experience.
V K Sharma

From India, Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server