Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Can be company take any type of money from his employee against his origenal document. For eg. My wife doing job in company when she joined they take her og docs and told if u want that should be pay 50000 rs first than take doc. What it is legel or illegel.
From India, Pune
First of all, your wife is the owner of the documents and no one else can keep those documents in their possession without her consent. So company or anyone else cannot keep her documents. If someone/ company keeps your documents, then it is highly illegal and for that you can ask the company in writing to refund the documents and simultaneously lodge a police complaint.
Since, the first part, i.e. keeping documents is illegal, there is no legal validity of asking money for returning her own documents.
But before taking any steps, make sure that you have enough evidence to prove that the documents is in their custody. Otherwise, if they sense you are going legal, they might destroy the original documents and completely deny receiving such documents from you. In such a situation, you have to take all the trouble to apply for duplicate documents from the respective authority which can be time consuming.a

From India, Kolkata
When you submit the original documents take receipt from the HR department on the photocopy of your certificate. Please try to avoid giving original documents which is not industry practice.
Further You don't have to give money for returning the documents. This will put you in great difficulty when you resign from the company

From India, Chennai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™