Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hello friends, I am new to CiteHR but would really appreciate some advice. Currently I in a notice period of 3 months but due to crisis at family front I want to serve 1 month notice period and buyout the rest 2 months. To my ill fate, I will also not be able to join the new organization after separation from my current organization ( be it 1 month or full 3 months). The reason being the whole agreement of joining the new organization was negotiated only based on home location (I did not even negotiate my salary or anything). Now due to certain constraints I am not being provided home location. So, I have just decided to put my career on pause and support my family. Even after intimating my current organization about my family issues and also sharing my rejection letter sent across to the new organization, declining to join them, my current employer is likely playing delay tactics. I have my backups trained and ready for delivery. I am willing to serve 1 month of knowledge transfer, but still HR and managers are handling my case insensitive. They are not trying to gauge my trauma of having to support my family and fact that I will be jobless (which I am prepared to accept). I have already mailed to HR and upper management regarding the issue and the date by which I intend to handover all assets and credentials. Can you suggest a suitable way forward out of the situation (even legal)? Can I go ahead with paying out the buyout money via demand draft and submit all the assets and leave the company within a month? Anticipating your wise advice and support
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™