Pl find attached notification dated 1.9.2016. Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Amendment Act 2016 has been made effective from 1.9.2016. Following amendments have been made in the Act:
1) The name of the Act has been changed to "The Child and Adolescent (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986."
2) In view of Right of Children to Free & Compulsory Education Act 2009, engagement of children below 14 years will now be prohibited in all occupations or processes except where child helps his family after school hours or as an artist in audio-visual entertainment industry.
3) A new category of persons called "adolescent" has been introduced. Employment of adolescent will be prohibited in hazardous occupations as specified (mines, inflammable substances and hazardous processes).
4) Penalty for contravention of various provisions of the Act has been increased.
5) Offence under the Act has been made cognizable (i.e. person concerned can be arrested without warrant).
6) Govt may empower District Magistrate to ensure that the provisions of the law are properly carried out.
7) Govt is also empowered to make periodic inspection of places at which employment of children and adolescents are prohibited.
Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page. Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)