Tax Consultant
Hr Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hello Sir,
I am working as a Contract employee with a IT firm (direct with company). My monthly salary before TDS is Rs. 40000.
As per my knowledge Rs. 4000 every month would be deducted as TDS, which would be Rs. 48000 p.a .
My question is can i ask for the refund of the above Rs. 48000 while filing the IT returns? If yes, how much would be the refund?
How is the ITR filed for contract employee? Can we show our saving for PPF & LIC & ask for the refund.

Hi Vidya.
First, I wanto to know more details about your income and savings. Which financial year belongs to this? You can claim deduction of PPF and LIC, and also Housing Loan principal/Interest if any. If you give full details, I can help you to file your IT Return. We need to calculate the Tax and then only I can say, how much amount you will get as refund. Please mail to me at

Hi Vidya, It depends on your savings and u have to collect form 16 from ur employer.further u can file and claim return for the same.
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™