Sr. Manager Hr/admin
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
If we are into salary transfers ppl across India. (Liability only till salary transfer and PF & ESIC payments) What are the licences to acquire and can they be taken centrally.. Pls help. Ours is a partnership firm and have rest of the licences. Can labor licence be taken centrally or it is state specific.
From India, Hyderabad
1) If you are into Pvt ltd company then you should have to register with ROC
2) As yours falls under the service oriented business registration with service tax is mandatory if your business is exceeding 10,00,000/-PA
3) Registration with Shops & commercial Establishment act
4) PT registration is mandatory for any organisation
5) ESI is applicable if your employee strength reaches 10 and Above
6) EPF is applicable if strength is 20 and above
7) Rest as applicable
Some of the licences shall be availed across India & some are state specific

From India, Bangalore
No its not central It is state specific only. Even PT is state specific
From India, Bangalore
PF can be maintained centrally. ESI it is better to maintain state wise because the rules of esi will differ from district to district.
From India, Kochi
Dear Laxmipmc,

Your business comes under “Third Party” Business. Earlier companies used to give sub-contract for a fixed price in r/o unskilled, and other staff. But now there are many agencies who worked on Service Charges @ % basis on monthly outsource costing. Still the job is also comes under Contract Labour (R&A) Act, 1970. Even if your liability is fixed upto salary, PF and ESI still it is a “Sub-Contract”.

Labour licence is applicable where you deploy 20 or more labour in a single place agst a single Agreement. Even if agst a single agreement you deploy 20 or more in the same jurisdiction, the Labour Office can ask you to obtain Labour Licence.

Here one important point is that if the company (for whom you are working) is a contractor company (Being prime contractor of the location) and they have Labour Licence in r/o all deployed labour/staff. In that case you can ask them to issue you a certificate duly mentioning “the deployed menpower at site is included in their Labour Licence”. Than you will not require to take any Labour Licence for that site.

For the other Registration, the fellow members have already clarified.

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™