Industrial Relations And Labour Laws

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
I served in organisation for approximately 2 Years and had to leave the same due to some personal reasons. There were couple of discussions b/w me and management regarding sticking back to the organisation which led to mental harassment.Finally I put up written resignation on 20th(from company's id) which they never accepted and sent final email to them on 31st stating that i will not be coming to office going forth and they can call me whenever any help is required.
Company never issued me the salary of the entire month and they are not issuing me relieving letter(which is very imp.) stating that i have not served notice period and have not done proper handover.They are saying that i am not eligible for the same.
Kindly suggest a way forward.

From India, Bangalore
If the company had not accepted the resignation and relieved you, you are still an employee under their rolls but absconding from work. In such a scenario, how can they issue a relieving letter? Each organisation would follow separate procedure for handing over and relieving and if you have not followed the procedures, you will not be authorised to have a relieving letter. It may be the arrogance from the side of the employee which would have prevented the company from being lenient or it may be the act of the employee sending resignation despite the requests made by the management or it may be any other reason including what I have already told, ie, procedural lapse. In order to correct it you have to be present before them and do the handing over formalities and get relieved as per their norms. I don't find any other easy way for this.

From India, Kannur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™