MV Venkatsh

Dear Sir,
One of our employee suicided do to his personal problem after work on 04th of April in his home. For resigned & absconding employees we used to maintain record. However what is the formalities to maintain record for him? Pls guide in urgent basis.

From India, Bengaluru
Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Partner - Risk Management
Insolvency N Gst Professional
Senior Manager - Human Resources
+1 Other

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Dear Venkatesh,
Death of the employee brings his contract of employment to an end. Therefore,what you have to do immediately is to settle his terminal benefits. His surviving nominee will have to be paid gratuity and all other statutory dues.

From India, Salem

First priority will be to ensure that all his dues are carefully worked out and released to recorded NOK as per documents.
A cross check of his work to see any issues.problems would have to be done in house.
Company should make sure that case is handled sympathetically and NOK should feel that company is genuinely concerned and helpful in our of crisis.

From India, Pune

You will need to do all closing and release formalities with ofcourse obvious changes.
If the person is under ESIC, you need to inform them of the suicide. You need to inform pf department (In monthly returns, mark as left the organisation and give reason as death - there is a code for it, check the website). You need to do full and final settlement. Deposit the money in his account
But don't pay gratuity into his account. For that you need to see who is the heir and give the money to him / her. If in doubt take the help of the labour commissioner who is the authority under gratuity act.

From India, Mumbai

If he is covered under ESI assist the family for funeral expenditure.
Collect the death certificate from the family at the time of full and final settlement
Claim forms separate for spouse children to obtain EPF, depend ent pension and children pension
Apply in Form 5 IF to claim EDLI dues
Check certain ATM cards have insurance.

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server