Does ETHANOL Required PESO Licence ? - CiteHR
Safety Consultant
Jenish Parmar
Safety Officer
Safety Consultant
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Is PESO license required for ethanol storage flash point 12 degree Celsius proposed storage is 25 KL.
Since Ehthnol is Alcohol group . and in petroleum rules 1976 Petroleum's definition "Any liquid hydrocarbon or mixture of hydrocarbons or any inflammable mixture (liquid, viscous/solid containing any liquid hydrocarbon.)"

Dear Jenish Parmar Yes, Ethnol comes under Class "A" Petroleum product and requires License from PESO.
Along with PESO licesne, u need to get permission from state excise and prohibition dept for storage and handling of ethanol. Kindly refer your state excise and prohibition act.
NOTE: Ethanol is an alcoholic substance, it is consumed in the place of wine by illiterate people after getting ethanol odour while handling.
Due to Intoxication substance, government regulated ethanol in handling & storage.

PESO Licence is required for storage of 25 KL ETHANOL. Its containing Petroleum Class A ,as its F.P. is 12 degree celsius.No licence is needed , if total quantity of possession does not exceed thirty litres. Also permission for storage and handling of Ethanol is required from Prohibition and Excise Deptt of concerned State.

If the total ethanol content is less than 99.5%, then no need of PESO License.
Please refer PESO faq: FAQS

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™