Asst. Manager - Hr
Piyush Raj Verma
Founder & Ceo
+1 Other

Hello Everyone, i require help urgently advice on my issue. i joined a company in 2011 October...worked with them for 3.6 years till may 2015. i got opportunity to work in middle east. so i informed my intention to My TL and droped the resignation informing that i got better opportunities and i will not be able to complete the notice period.

i am currently working in Middleeast... but i wanted to apply for some certification internationally so i asked him about my experience letter ...

My TL and my hr informed me that i have marked as absconder from job.

i want to understand the meaning of absconder... I think it means running away and not coming back...

but i put my resignation... the only issue here was i did not complete my notice period...and my TL asked me to leave the job on the same day... the day i put my resignation.

From Qatar, Doha
Hi Zaid Since you resigned that is why you are not absconder,
From India, Mumbai
Dear Zaid,

Being marked as an absconder will bring you a bad name depending upon how your ex-company is using it against you. The best solution to this problem would be that you keep a record of everything towards a desirable outcome. For instance, leave your employer a mail stating the entire situation that how you respectfully wanted to take an exit from the company and what you actually received in return from the company.

A properly drafted email will surely fetch you a reply and there is a good possibility that your employer will issue a certificate otherwise the legal stand on this issue is as following:

You can file a suit against the company for not performing their part of functions. You respectfully placed your resignation and they asked you to leave then and there only, thus exempted you from the employment contract. Therefore, you are entitled to get your experience certificate.

However, I will recommend you to use the legal recourse as a last step. Even indication of taking a legal action substantial enough to show the reality of the employer to the world might result in getting your experienced certificate.

All depends on how you draft the mail and communicate with the employer.

From India, Lucknow
i would like to suggest that you must use the first option only you can not use the second option of filing a suit against company because if you are signing a contract or applicant form there is compulsion of notice period there for if you are thinking of filing a suit it is of no use.
There for the best option is if you are having a copy of resignation scan it & write a polite letter to your company demanding Experience & Relieving Certificate & attach scan copy of your resignation

From India, Pune
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™