can anyone tell me the legal procedure against the company if they are not giving salary as per the minimum wages Act?
From India, Rajkot

Dear Rana Makwana,
Any claim regarding (1) payment of wages at a lesser rate than the statutory minimum wage rates or (2) non-payment of wages for the weekly day of rest prescribed under the MW Act or (3) relating to non-payment of over time wages at the rate fixed under the Act or any other Act can be preferred by (a) the employee himself or (b) any legal practioner or (c) any official of a registered trade union so authorised by the employee or (d) any inspector under the Act or any person acting with the permission of the Authority before the Authority under the MW Act u/s 20(2) of the Act. The period of limitation for filing any claim is six months.
The authority, after due enquiry can direct the employer to pay the difference in wages already paid together with any compensation not exceeding 10 times of the amount of excess.

From India, Salem

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server